Monday, July 27, 2009

i've heard skinny jeans are bad for your health

I know it's only been 9 weeks since I had Sadie, but I'm a woman and I want my body back! Those women who say that they just miraculously shed all of their pregnancy weight when giving birth and left the hospital in their pre-pregnancy jeans are LYING TO YOU! Not only did I look 6 months pregnant when I left the hospital, I was also so swollen from retaining water that I had the cankles of a 300 pound woman.   It requires hard work to get back into those jeans and you can't even exercise for 6 weeks! Luckily breast-feeding helps speed the process up a bit (one point for breast-feeding:)

Everyday I come downstairs to my family room and I am taunted by a digital frame (cheesy, but awesome) of our honeymoon pictures.  I look at what my body used to be 2 years ago and I think if I saw that girl on the street now I would say, "skinny bitch!"  I have never had a greater appreciation for my body - before and after pregnancy.  I know it takes time, but here's the thing...what the hell are you suppose to wear when you are waiting to look like that skinny bitch again?  I don't want to shop for the body I have now so I'm stuck in sweat pants and maxi dress (which thank god are all the rage right now). Lucky for me I don't get out much and sweat pants are totally acceptable in the confines of my own home.  

As I was just about to begin beating myself up for not yet fitting into my skinny jeans, I stumbled upon the 4th hour of The Today Show last week.  Tori Spelling (one of those freak skinny bitches) was hosting with Kathy Lee and they were doing a segment on why skinny jeans could be bad for your health.  It was like a sign from the gods...they were saying, "Katie, skinny jeans are bad stick with your loose-fitting, non-flattering sweats!"  So, I'm taking there advice and not even attempting to try on my skinny jeans yet.  I think it's officially time to invest in a good pair of relaxed fit boyfriend jeans, which too are so hot right now:)

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! My baby girl is almost 7 weeks, and I am right there with you. And hilarous about maxi dresses, since I h And I had the baby, I have bought 3 of them since nothing else looks cute! And I was looking at my wedding pictures the other day and was thinking the same thing that you were about your honeymoon pics. We'll get back there!

    ReplyDelete